Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday

Today is my final appointment with the dietitian who will go over how things have been food plan wise and weigh me again. I believe that they will be sending off my packet to UHC insurance this Friday and I am hoping for an approval by August 30th. If so, then I plan on scheduling the surgery for sometime mid September. 

If you would have asked me that I would be doing this surgery, I would have told you no fucking way. I considered it cheating and the easy way out. Well, from what I am hearing, this is definitely not the easy way. It will be difficult but I will persevere. 

They will put me on some form of a 2 week all liquid diet prior to the surgery. Apparently, the all liquid diet will shrink my live enough so that the surgery is successful. I have been following the dietitians advice and I have been not drinking 30/60 mins after I eat. At first that was extremely difficult but now it's getting easier and easier.

Something I am noticing more and more often, I am not the social butterfly I used to be when I was younger. I could blame my husband for that as he is an introvert and I have lived with him since 2001, but I cannot. I allowed myself to become this way. I developed this philosophy that if someone didn't talk to me it was because they weren't interested in what I had to say. I never ever realized that some people either didn't talk to me or look at me because of my weight. Now that I pay attention, it's true. Most people cannot even look me in the face, which I think is funny.

Because they're afraid of what could happen to them? They might have to talk to me about what it's like to eat a double whopper? I really have no clue. I guess I will just stare them down until they either ask me what my problem is or turn the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment